ATC (Accounting Training College) – for a career in Accounting | abcc member
ATC (Accounting Training College)
Accounting professionals with the right qualifications and attributes have the trust of their peers and can make it to the very top of the corporate world – 58% of FTSE 100 companies have a chairman or CEO with an accountancy or finance background.* ATC (Accounting Training College) provides courses to help you with a career in accounting.
Thousands of accounting and finance professionals will be desperately needed over the coming years to combat looming skills shortages.**
Why we are special
Here are just 10 of the reasons why so many people choose to study with the Accounting Training College.
- Specialist accounting college
Our knowledge of accounting means you will be studying with a provider that understands the profession and how you can gain the right qualifications to succeed.
- Study for prestigious qualifications
Our courses lead to respected qualifications from AAT – the Association of Accounting Technicians. These qualifications could help you start or develop your career in accounting. With the right qualifications and attributes, you could eventually gain promotion to the most senior board-level positions within a company.
- Flexible study
Our courses are completed through distance learning, enabling you to progress at a time and pace that suits you, from the comfort of your own home.
- Start as soon as you enrol
You can start your course as soon as you enrol with us – so you can benefit from your qualifications sooner.
- Support from experienced tutors
Our experienced tutors help you gain the skills you need to successfully complete the course. They are available to help and support you by phone, email or Skype.
- Support team
Our support team will give you advice about your training and assessments; and answer any questions you may have about your course.
- Career development
We will give you advice on writing your CV and introduce you to a specialist accounting recruitment consultant to help progress your career.
- Convenient computer-based assessments
Assessments are held at venues throughout the UK, at selected times and you can choose when and where to sit them. Our tutors can recommend when you are ready.
- Extensive learning materials
You will receive comprehensive support to help you achieve the qualifications you want¹:
- Tutorial books, including explanatory chapters plus plenty of activities and answers²
- Workbooks containing practice activities, assessments and answers
- Pocket-sized study and revision guides³
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Sage accounting software (for students of our courses that lead to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting qualification and the AAT Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting qualification)
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- CV advice and an introduction to an accounting recruitment consultant
- Unlimited access to an online student zone, including practice questions and tests
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
- No previous experience required
You do not need previous experience or qualifications to enrol on our courses that lead to the:
AAT Access qualification4
AAT Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting qualification4
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification4
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting qualification (although we recommend that you have studied Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent)4
For higher level courses you will need to have prior qualifications; please ask our expert staff for advice.
Courses with Accounting Training College
Learn core accounting and finance topics.
Ideal if you would like to show employers that you have the knowledge of finance and accounting.
AAT Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting
Learn important computer accounting skills.
Ideal if you would like to join a finance department in a company.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Gain a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and basic accounting principles.
Ideal if you would like to work within a finance department or start your own bookkeeping firm.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
Learn financial administrator skills including double- entry bookkeeping.
Ideal if you would like to start a career in accounting.
AAT Level 2 Diploma in Accounting
Learn techniques including accounts preparation, cash management, and more.
Ideal if you would like to progress your career within a company.
AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
Gain knowledge to undertake duties at a senior level in financial or management accounting.
Still got questions? Read our FAQs here.
* Defined as having worked in the banking industry, in a financial role (e.g. FD, CFO) or having a qualification in accounting. Source: http://www.onrec.com/news/news-archive/accountants-now-running-6-out-of-10-ftse100-companies.
** Source: http://www.randstadfp.com/news/uk-faces-shortfall-of-10200-accountants-by-2050
“The United Kingdom faces a shortfall of 10,200 qualified accountants by 2050 due to skills shortages”.
1 Your course does not include AAT Student Membership, assessment fees or invigilator fees.
2 Does not apply to the course that leads to the AAT Access qualification.
3 Applies to the courses that lead to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification, the AAT Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting and the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting qualification.
4 You will need to register directly with AAT for student membership. You will then receive useful AAT course resources, a free magazine, access to the AAT social community and more.
01409 220 791
0800 988 0065