Course of the week | AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Successfully complete this course and you will:
achieve the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification
- gain a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and basic accounting, including double-entry bookkeeping
- gain skills so you could join a company’s finance department
be able to start your own bookkeeping firm
- be exempt from studying the Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls units of our course for the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
How it works
Enrol and we’ll send you your first course materials
Progress through your course at your own pace – with full support available from expert tutors; and register with AAT so you can benefit from their service too
When you’re ready, book and take your assessments at a regional centre
The course is split into AAT-recognised units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Principles and procedures related to processing business transactions, financial documents and payments for customers and suppliers.
- Developing skills in processing ledger transactions and preparing an initial trial balance.
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Maintenance and reconciliation of a cash book by accurately entering receipts and payments, balancing off the book and reconciling with bank statements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK banking system and related organisational activities.
- Petty cash transactions and the importance of the Journal as a primary accounting record.
- Maintaining control over debtors and creditors, aided by preparation and use of debtor and creditor control accounts.
- Non-standard bookkeeping transactions and double-entry bookkeeping records.
You can contact our experienced tutors by phone, email or post throughout your training. This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your bookkeeping skills and knowledge.
Working in Accounting
People with the right financial qualifications and attributes have the trust of their peers and can make it to the very top of the corporate world.
By gaining the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification, you will have a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and basic accounting practices and could explore new career options.
To help you progress your career with a company, we will give you advice on writing your CV and introduce you to a specialist accounting recruitment consultant.
01409 220 791
0800 988 0065