Course of the week | Executive PA Diploma
Executive PA Diploma
Our specialised home study/distance learning Executive PA Diploma NCFE IIQ is our most popular course and designed to train you to a professional standard for a rewarding career as a top PA!
The course is suitable for beginners as well as those already working as a PA/Secretary/Administrator who are looking to gain recognition for their knowledge and skills and develop their skills further to boost confidence and increase job opportunities.
The Executive PA Diploma course has 4 key sections:
• IT/Computer Skills covering Microsoft Office
• Professional Business Documents
• PA Skills
Optional subject – Shorthand
We communicate with members of the PA sector to ensure the Executive PA Diploma is relevant to the current job role, as well as covering the educational standards required. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile by training you for the workplace and not just to pass the Assessments.
The average salary for PAs is £35,000 with the top range exceeding £40,000 and some more experienced roles over £50,000 in the London area (www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/admin-secretarial-pa/executive-pa).
Level 3 – Professional IT User Diploma – 7 Modules
This section of the Executive PA Diploma course will develop your IT skills using to an advanced level covering Microsoft Office.
• Word – Word Processing
• Excel – Spreadsheets and Charts
• PowerPoint – Electronic Slide Presentations
• Access – Databases
• Outlook – Email and PIM
• Publisher – Desktop Publishing
• Internet research skills
Level 3 – Professional Administration Diploma – 10 Modules
These modules will develop your ability to manage a range of administrative tasks required in a demanding PA role. You will study underpinning knowledge as well as procedures for a range of different administrative tasks that require analysis, evaluation and decision-making skills as well.
• Managing Business Events
• Managing Business Trips
• Managing Business Meetings
• Reviewing Office Procedures
• Research and Report writing
• HR Recruitment
• Diary Management
• Petty Cash Management
• Business Organisations
• Composing Complex Business Documents
Level 3 – Professional Business Documents – 6 Modules
This section of the Executive PA Diploma course will develop your skills to produce a range of business documents to a professional standard focusing on production rate and ability to follow instructions, design and layout. You will be applying advanced Word features to streamline production and design of different business documents.
• Touch typing and speed development – using our interactive program – Speed Exam
• Advanced business letters
• Complex tables
• Producing and Editing multi-page reports
• Audio Transcription
• Mail merge
Level 3 – PA Skills Certificate – 5 Modules
The topics covered in this section are all about helping you to cope with the demanding role of an Executive PA and they link in particular with the administration section of the course. They are also designed to help you with developing you as a person and career opportunities.
• Confidence Building and Self Esteem
• Organisational Skills, Stress Management, Ergonomics and Health
• Communication Skills – Body Language, Questioning and Answering Skills, Telephone Techniques
• Relationship and People Management Skills
• Social Media and Networking Skills
Teeline Shorthand Diploma – 7 Modules
Having shorthand skills will complement your role as a PA and enable you to take down telephone notes, instructions and of course minutes of business meetings. Shorthand skills will provide you with an edge when applying for jobs and this is a well sought-after skill by business and recruitment agencies. The range of modules you will cover include:
• Teeline Theory
• Speed tests from 40 wpm to 70 wpm
• Business Correspondence Dictation
• Minutes of Business Meetings
Studying with Us
This is a home study/distance learning course and you can complete the whole Executive PA Diploma course at home including the Assessments. There is no need to attend an exam centre or visit Lewis College.
You will have one to one tuition throughout the course, corresponding with your personal tutors through email. We provide optional phone or Skype calls at different stages as you progress through your course.
You will also have a Course Mentor who is there to provide additional support as and when required.
For further details please visit our How We Teach page.
Different Study and Payment Plans
As a guide, if you studied between 5-7 hours per week, you could expect to complete the Executive PA Diploma within 15 months. However, we have a range of study and payment plans so you can study at a faster pace, or alternatively, you can reduce the weekly hours and study at a slower pace that suits you.
We offer a range of different payment plans to support this flexibility;
• Pay in full – Study as quickly as you wish
• Pay in two halves – study and complete the course within 9 months
• Pay in four payments – complete within 12 months
• Pay monthly – study over 22 months with the option to pause the course
• Modular payment – pay for each module at a pace that suits you
Further details about our range of different study and payment plans are available upon request.